Papaya Global is reinventing global payroll and workforce management. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 100 countries.
We’re looking for an experienced system architect to join our growing team. You’ll be working closely with an amazing group of developers and be responsible for outlining the system architecture and making high level decisions about every part of the system.
We use Node.js & Java to develop our backend and use the latest AWS services for development and production environments.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders to determine software requirements.
- Create high-level product specifications and design documents.
- Provide the development team with architectural blueprints to follow.
- Provide technical guidance and coaching to developers and engineers
- Decide on the platforms and coding standards to be used in project development
- BSc or MSc degree in computer science or relevant fields.
- Demonstrated experience as a system architect.
- Demonstrated expertise in building web applications, enterprise applications, web services and management at scale
- Experience in Agile development including continuous integration, continuous deployment and coding for automated testing
- Strong knowledge of datastores (SQL, NoSQL) and ability to make choices among available technology based on requirements.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining in an AWS environment
- A passion for improving software quality through self-learning
- Get things done mentality
- An excellent communicator and team player
- Experience in financial systems