Papaya Global is reinventing global payroll and workforce management. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 100 countries.
Papaya global is looking for a Senior Java Developer to join our growing team. The responsibilities include new features development, optimization, refactoring, and scaling of current infrastructure. Attend and participate in Engineering meetings, back-end side architecture and features with other back-end developers. Work with different dev-ops tools (we work with AWS, setting EC2s, databases, queue, clustering, sharding). Enrich current backend team.
- Do optimization, refactoring, and scaling of current infrastructure to provide robust and quick application to our customers.
- Software design and development of new features from A-Z, from product to
- Responsibility of system stability and responding to critical incidents.
- Code review your colleagues code and response to CRs directed to you.
- Working with our CI/CD tools (including tweaking the setup of the CI)
- 7+ Years professional experience as a Software Engineer
- Minimum Java experience of 4+ years with any framework (preferably springboot and Play framework, but not must)
- Master version control, especially git
- At least intermediate knowledge in Continuous Integration (INCLUDING changing scripts, setting up CI, dealing with problems) and Software Development Lifecycle Management (knowledge of Scrum, Jira, Jenkin, build tools)
- You write clean code, love unit testing (optional - TDD/BDD), and value readability over cleverness
- Deep knowledge of design patterns & knowledge of IoC frameworks
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with web service frameworks and API technologies
- Practical experience in an agile software development environment
- Self-driven and result oriented; You'll jump on a task and drive it to completion
- English level: not less then upper-intermediate