We’re looking for a passionate backend developer to join our new and growing Payment Services team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on new Payment products, from design and development to testing and production.
We use the latest technologies and architecture with Java hosted on AWS Cloud and Kubernetes for development and production.
Papaya is building the future of cloud-based payroll services connected with state-of-the-art home grown payment systems. We are building a new team that will develop the core components enabling new payment services and connecting existing ones. You will be working closely with Payment architects and infrastructure developers to design and implement micro-services, data layers and orchestrate new business flows.
- Design and implement backend microservices and orchestrations from scratch
- Take an active role in designing the future of our product and its capabilities
- Ensure high quality of backend code, including automated testing and design & code reviews
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies and design patterns in development and testing by consulting with architects and mentoring your peers
- 4+ years of experience in Java (a must!)
- Proven experience in building high scale and flexible infrastructure
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in SQL and No-SQL Database systems (MySQL, Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience in writing developer tests (Unit, component, etc.)
- Independent, responsible, and communicative, as we are working in Hybrid mode
- A team player
- Experience in Queuing technologies like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience in deploying and maintaining in an AWS environment
- Experience in Financial industries - FinTech