Papaya Global is reinventing global payroll and workforce management. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 100 countries.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to test , develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to ensure product quality.
QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. You will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics (e.g. defect densities and open defect counts.)
The QA engineer role plays an important part in our company’s product development process.
Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective. If you hold an engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- 3+ years as software QA tester.
- Strong experience with developing test plans / test cases and the ability to estimate the required effort
- Strong knowledge on black box and white box testing
- Understanding of manual, performance and automation testing – expertise in manual test tools and frameworks (like Postman , jmeter and - Sql workbench)
- Must have functional and basic non-functional testing experience
- Log defects and track to closure - working with development teams to establish defect validity, cause and retesting as required
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience on API (Web API, Rest API), web applications and mobile devices testing
- Strong knowledge of Jsons, Xml, using Xpath and selenium testing
- Experience in DB testing and in writing simple- to medium-complexity SQL queries
- Knowledge of using tools like TestRail, Jira
- Experience in java or jsystem
- Knowledge of OOPs concepts
- Understanding of non-functional testing and experience in performance testing