Papaya Global provides a payroll management platform and global workforce management solutions to companies operating in 140+ countries. Through our innovative technology, we allow our clients to manage their global payrolls, EoRs, and independent contractors in an efficient, secure, compliant, and cost-effective manner.
Do you love to play “quarterback” on a Deal Desk with complex RFPs? If yes, then we may have a home for you at Papaya Global. We are focused on adding an experienced and enthusiastic Deal Desk Manager to our fast-growing team. Reporting to our Director of Revenue Operations, you will be responsible for project planning and managing all aspects of the deal desk. This critical role presents an opportunity to drive initiatives relating to our acquisition and retention processes and, ultimately, to enable the sales organization to reach its full potential.
This role is open to remote locations but preferred to be filled in our Austin or NY offices.
The Impact You’ll Make
- Managing the creation and optimization of Papaya’s price book and structure of RFP / non-standard deals – and serving as the primary internal owner on these transactions.
- Partner with our sales, customer success, finance, and legal team leaders to define standard and RFP / non-standard deal criteria and related approval processes.
- Developing a Deal Desk forum of internal stakeholders to maximize deal value, ensure consistency, and facilitate the proper oversight by relevant departments.
- Driving best practices and enablement to increase sales effectiveness via structured deal reviews and checkpoints, and automating/streamlining workflows between partner groups
- Managing current and future state “quote-to-close” processes, including quote creation, quote approval, contract generation, contract signatures, contract management, and order completion.
- Working in close collaboration with Papaya’s partner/supplier management group to design competitive and comprehensive pricing strategies.
- 5-7 Years relevant experience in Deal Desk, Legal, or Sales Operation roles, ideally within the Human Capital Management (HCM), payroll, fintech or payments industries.
- Deep understanding of the SaaS customer lifecycle and “motions” – upsell, cross-sell, expansion, retention.
- Proven track record of working successfully with the customer directly or in a customer support function.
- Experience in ASC 606 framework implementation or equivalent for a pre-IPO preparation company; experience in providing guidance related to the pricing and deal profitability.
- Experience with Salesforce and Salesforce CPQ (or other quoting systems) working directly with Sales Reps and Sales Leadership on standard and RFP / non-standard deals.
- Deep understanding of SaaS contract structuring and ability to communicate potential financial and business impacts.
- Experience in leading internal Deal Desk forums; familiarity with GAAP and best practice revenue recognition criteria.
- Bachelor's degree preferred – a sense of humor and hutzpah required.