We’re looking for a passionate infrastructure engineer to join our new and growing Payment Infra team. You’ll have the opportunity to work on new infrastructure components, from design and development to testing and production.
We use the latest technologies and architecture with Java and NodeJS, hosted on AWS Cloud, and Kubernetes for development and production.
Papaya is building the future of cloud-based payroll services connected with state of the art home grown payment systems. We are building a new team that will develop the payment infrastructure, take responsibility for creating the core components enabling new payment services, and connect existing ones. You will work closely with Payment architects and infrastructure leads designing and implementing the infrastructure, base libraries, and development processes to be used by the rest of the engineering teams.
- Design and implement the Payments infrastructure from scratch
- Take an active role in designing the future of our product and its capabilities
- Ensure high quality backend code, including automated testing and design & code reviews
- Stay up to date on the latest technologies and design patterns in development and testing by consulting with architects and mentoring your peers
- 3+ years of experience in Java (a must!)
- Proven experience in building high scale and flexible infrastructure
- Experience in Microservices architecture
- Experience in SQL and No-SQL Database systems (MySQL, Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Experience in writing developer tests (Unit, component, etc.)
- Independent, responsible, and communicative, as we are working in Hybrid mode
- A team player
- Experience in deploying and maintaining in an AWS environment
- Experience in Queuing technologies like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Experience in Financial industries - FinTech