We are looking for a Head of Finance to join our team!
At Papaya we are working closely with the world’s fast-growing companies to manage their global payroll and workforce through our own SaaS platform. We are looking for you if you have a real passion for details, timelines, and global operations
- Ensure all operational Finance and Accounting processes are effectively and efficiently executed and that client service requirements are met
- Implementation and maintenance of a Global operating model including standardization of global systems & processes
- Oversee and lead the core finance activities working within agreed Finance policies and procedures and supporting all activity to enable the effective close of the ledger within the organization
- Manage the outsourced vendor relationship and ensure that issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner
- Lead, develop and motivate the Operational Finance and Accounting team
- Oversight of the teams on a day to day basis to ensure effective relationships and interactions are maintained across all locations and with all key stakeholders
- Continuously review Finance policies, procedures, and processes to ensure they are optimally efficient, making improvements as necessary
- Lead deployment of new tools, systems, and processes to aid in quality, efficiency, and delivery.
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Manage positive business relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside parties.
- 8 plus years of accounting and financial experience. Minimum of 4 years in a management/leadership role
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance with ACCA, CA, CPA or relevant professional qualification
- Deep knowledge of Finance functions (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Tax, Treasury, Payroll, Financial and Management Accounting functions) and systems.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules and Tax requirement
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaborate with different levels of employees
- Strong emphasis on analytics and data-mining
- An expert communicator at all levels of the organization
- Experience working in a fast-growth tech business, preferably technology (SaaS)
- Strong team-working skills, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact
- Fluency & excellent communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics required
- Proficient level in Excel (Pivot & Vlookup)
- Experience with IPO process