We are looking for a Director of Finance to join our team!
At Papaya we are working closely with the world’s fast-growing companies to manage their global payroll and workforce through our own SaaS platform. We are looking for you if you have a real passion for details, timelines, and global operations
- Ensure all operational Finance and Accounting processes are effectively and efficiently executed and that client service requirements are met
- Implementation and maintenance of a Global operating model including standardization of global systems & processes
- Oversee and lead the core finance activities working within agreed Finance policies and procedures and supporting all activity to enable the effective close of the ledger within the organization for the US/Canada
- Manage the outsourced vendor relationship and ensure that issues are escalated and resolved in a timely manner
- Lead, develop and motivate the Accounting team
- Oversight of the teams on a day to day basis to ensure effective relationships and interactions are maintained across all locations and with all key stakeholders
- Continuously review Finance policies, procedures, and processes to ensure they are optimally efficient, making improvements as necessary
- Lead deployment of new tools, systems, and processes to aid in quality, efficiency, and delivery.
- Establish and implement short and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Maintain payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Manage positive business relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside parties.
- 8 plus years of accounting and financial experience. Minimum of 4 years in a management/leadership role
- Bachelor’s in Accounting or Finance with ACCA, CA, CPA or relevant professional qualification
- Deep knowledge of Finance functions (Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Billing, Tax, Treasury, Financial and Management Accounting functions) and systems.
- Strong working knowledge of GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley Act, and PCAOB Rules and Tax requirement
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaborate with different levels of employees
- Strong emphasis on analytics and data-mining
- An expert communicator at all levels of the organization
- Experience working in a fast-growth tech business, preferably technology (SaaS)
- Strong team-working skills, ability to adapt to a fast-paced, international work environment with a passion for making an impact
- Fluency & excellent communication skills in English. Additional languages are an advantage.
- Experience with an emphasis on business reporting and analytics required
- Proficient level in Excel (Pivot & Vlookup)
- Experience with IPO process
- Payroll knowledge is a plus