Papaya Global is reinventing global payroll and workforce management. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay people in more than 140 countries. We are looking for a driven, high-energy Finance Director to join the accounting team.
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of the accounting and bookkeeping teams.
- Leading work with the group external auditor on audit and ad hoc projects
- Enhance monthly & quarterly reports and financial controls over financial reporting
- Work closely with the tax and treasury managers to ensure that all regulatory and compliance requirements are met.
- Implement policies, procedures, and processes to support the company’s scale.
- Assessing, managing, and minimizing risk.
- Drive continuous improvement in the company’s financial environment, both from a control and efficiency perspective.
- At least 10+ years of relevant professional experience in finance/accounting
- At least 4 years of managerial experience as a Director of finance in a public company.
- Managed multiple teams and team leads. Managed managers who supervise employees of the Accounting department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the department.
- CPA with bachelor’s degree in accounting, with Big 4 experience
- Experience working with Priority / NetSuite ERP systems
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Efficient and creative problem-solver, comfortable with ambiguity, complexity, and nuance
- Ability to work independently, self-learn, and to adapt to a fast-changing environment
- Able to take ownership of fast-paced projects with rapidly shifting priorities, managing them through to completion with patience, flexibility, and passion
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and a high level of integrity
- Excellent English – writing and verbal skills