Papaya Global is reinventing global payroll and workforce management. Our automated platform helps companies hire, onboard, manage, and pay employees in more than 140 countries.
Be responsible for a broad range of transactional, reconciliation, and other accounting activities. Functions include accounts payable processing, expense report review, account receivable processing, customer receivables management, as well as maintaining accounting policies and procedures that ensure the highest level of efficiency.
- Process all accounts payable transactions including corporate credit card reconciliations
- Process supplier invoices in a timely and accurate manner in order to ensure documents are accurately recorded and suppliers are paid in accordance with their terms.
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies with relevant Stakeholders.
- Communicate with business regarding the coding of invoices, follow Papaya’s policies and guidelines.
- Work together with the team for proper monthly closing of Accounts Payable
- Initiate/participate in process improvement projects.
- Issue customer invoices, foreign and domestic
- Apply Cash - apply incoming cash receipts and wire payments to appropriate customers.
- Reconcile Cash - Balance cash received (bank deposits and/or treasury website) against cash applied (Accounting Tools)
- Manually apply cash receipts/credit memos/adjustments/write-offs
- Documenting transaction details
- Putting together financial reports
- Set up new vendors in accounting software.
- Resolve any billing issues.
- Manage positive business relationships with customers, vendors, and other outside parties.
- University Education BA/ Bcom/ any other.
- Minimum 5+ years of accounting experience, preferably high-growth SaaS environments.
- Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and some Balance Sheet reconciliation experience
- Must have excellent knowledge of AP and AR processes
- Good analytical skills
- Must have a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with intermediate Excel skills required (pivot tables and VLOOKUP experience a plus).
- Excellent collaboration with colleagues within the local organization and with the colleagues of the global business service to support the overall Finance department’s goals and objectives.
- Flexible and able to work in a changing environment.
- Strong focus on improvement opportunities
- Payroll experience
- Experience in high-growth start-up
- Preferred licensed CPA