HR & Labor
Minimum wage is $138 per month.
Employers contribute between 9-11% of employees wages depending on the employee’s position.
Employees contribute 4% of their wages. The contribution ceiling is five times the minimum monthly wages.
Employees are entitled to “seniority pay” of 30 days average wage per each year worked in the company at the time of termination.
There is no official advance notice requirement, it depends on the employment contract and what both parties have agreed on. Employees who have “just cause” can resign without any notice.
Employers cannot dismiss employees without a “just cause” as they are protected by labor stability. After Dismissal, employers have five days to inform the court and justify the dismissal.
Employees are entitled to 12 months of sick leave. The employer is responsible for reimbursing employee’s monthly wages for the first three days of the sick leave. Afterwards the state will reimburse ⅔ of the employee’s salary up to maximum of five times the minimum wage.
*Employees must provide appropriate medical documentation within 48 hours of their absence.
Employees are entitled to 15 paid vacation days, after one year of employment. For each year following, employees receive one additional vacation up to 30 days.
There are 12 public holidays.
Additional Employee Withholdings
1) Unemployment Insurance
2) Housing Policy
3) Training and Education
1) Employer contributes 2% of the employee’s normal salary.
2) Employer contributes 2% of the employee’s total income received.
3) Employer contributes 2% of the employee’s salary.
1) Employees contribute 0.5% of their monthly salaries. Contribution ceiling is ten times the monthly minimum wage.
2) Employees contribute 1% with no contribution ceiling.
3) Employees contribute 0.5% of their profit sharing payment, with no contribution ceiling.
Employers contribute 10% - 12% of employee’s salary on monthly, limited at at VEF 37, 108.4 per month.
Employees contribute 4% on a monthly basis, limited at VEF 37, 108.4 per month.
VAT is 12% standard rate.