Understand local customs and benefits using our benchmark country guidesGet Country Benchmark
Please fill out the form to get:
– A free copy of our Europe benchmark & benefits guide –
– Our end of year unique offering –
Minimum wage $10.00 per hour.
Employer has to contribute 11.34% of the employee's wages.
Employee has to contribute 11.34% of his/her wages. Contribution limit is $18,000.
There is no official state or federal law regarding severance payments. It depends on the company’s policies.
There is no official notice period, but general practice is 2 weeks.
An employee can be terminated at any time as they are considered “at will employees”. No specific termination policies.
There is no official law regarding vacation days for employee. Each employer decides the number of days upon hiring the employee.
No official law regarding sick days.
There are 14 official paid public holidays. If an employee works during these days, they receive 150% of the regular wages as compensation.
There are no official expat benefits. However different companies can offer special benefits for the expats working for them. Benefits differ from one company to another.
1) Medicare - 1.45%
2) Social Security - 6.2%
3) Unemployment Tax - 6.0% and maximum taxable earnings are $7,000
1) Unemployment Insurance - 2.0% with maximum taxable earnings of $7,000
1) Medicare - 1.45% (additional 0.9% contribution for employees earning less than $200,000)
2) Social Security - 6.2% with salary ceiling of $118,500
3) Unemployment Tax - 0%
1) Unemployment insurance - Employees can contribute voluntarily.
As of 2011, after the Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Re-authorization and Job Creation Act of 2010, the Social Security tax rate is 4.2 percent of an employee's wages.
In addition, there is a limit to the amount of wages that are subject to Social Security taxes. In 2016, the taxable wage base is be $118,500
The state sales tax is 5.6%.
Set your demo now, and ensure your next payroll cycle runs for itself. Pain free. Guaranteed.Schedule a Demo Today