HR & Labor
Minimum wage is Gs 1,824,056 per month (Approximately $330 USD)
Employers contribute 14% of employees wages.
Employees contribute 3% of their wages.
For unjust dismissal, employees are entitled to 15 days salary for each year employed. If an employee is dismissed with just cause, employees receive payments determined by the length of their employment.
* 9 months - 4 years of employment receives 0.25 months salary.
* 4 - 20 years of employment receives 1 months salary.
* Employees of over 20 years have "Job Stability" and can only be dismissed with just cause proven in a court. If no just cause is found the employee can either chose to be reinstated or take 2 months pay plus double severance pay equal to 23 months.
Employees must provide advance notice determined by the length of their employment.
* Up to 1 year must provide 30 days.
* 1-5 years must provide 45 days.
* 5-10 years must provide 60 days.
* 10+ years must provide 90 days.
In Paraguay, employers only have to provide 1 days notice, but it must be written.
Employees are entitled to 5 days paid sick leave yearly.
* 1-5 years of employment receives 12 vacation days annually.
* 5-10 years of employment receives 18 vacation days annually.
* 10 + years of employment receives 30 vacation days annually.
There are 13 public holidays.
VAT is 10% standard rate
There is no payroll tax in Paraguay.