HR & Labor
Minimum wage is 24,459 KZT per month.
The employee contributes 10% to the pension fund (optional for foreign nationals).
If the employer terminates the contract, he/she makes severance payments in connection with the loss of employee’s work in the amount of one average monthly salary if it was because of liquidation of a legal entity; reduction of staff or positions;
or on the initiative of the employee if the employer violates labor legislation of Kazakhstan. And in the amount of two average monthly salaries in case of reduction of volume of production, works and services, which caused deterioration of employer’s economic condition.
The employer may terminate the labor contract without meeting requirements of labor legislation, if his pays out severance payment (compensation) in the amount stipulated in the employment contract.
Employer must give a one-month advance notice in writing unless otherwise provided in the employment contract.
Employee must give a one-month advance notice in writing unless otherwise provided in the employment contract.
The grounds for termination of the employment contract are:
1) cancellation of the employment contract by agreement between the parties;
2) expiry of the term of validity of the employment contract;
3) cancellation of the employment contract on the initiative of the employer;
4) transfer to another employer;
5) cancellation of the employment contract on the initiative of the employee;
6) circumstances beyond the will of the parties;
7) withdrawal by the employee from the labour relations;
8) transfer of the employee to an elected job (position) or his appointment to a position excluding the possibility of continuation of the labour relations;
8) violation of the terms and conditions for conclusion of the employment contract.
A party to an employment contract expressing the desire to cancel the employment contract by
agreement between the parties shall send a notification to this effect to the other party to the employment contract. The party that receives this notification shall, within a period of three working
days, notify the other party in writing of its decision.
On expiry of one-month notice period, the employee has the right to cease work, while the employer must issue to the employee the documents associated with his/her labor activities and any payments due thereto.
The initial sick leave period is 3 days, which can be extended for up to 60 days.
The sick leave compensation is limited to 34.035 KZT a month (paid by employer).
There are 14 official holidays in 2016 (not paid).
Employees receive 24 days or more paid vacation days, depending on the original employment contract.
Mobile and internet services, medical and life insurance, car expenses compensation, etc.
Quarterly and annual bonuses depending on results.
VAT is 12% standard rate.