HR & Labor
Minimum wage is Lps 3,280 monthly.
Severance payments are calculated by length of employment with a company.
* 3-6 months receives 10 days of regular salary
* 6 months - one year receives 20 days of regular salary
* Over one year receives one month salary for each year in the company.
Termination procedure is determined by the length of employment with a company.
* Less than 3 months is entitled to 24 hour notice.
* 3-6 months is entitled to one week notice.
* 6 months - one year is entitled to two weeks notice.
* 1-2 years is entitled to one months notice.
* Over 2 years is entitled to two months notice.
Employees are entitled to receive 66% of their salary for 26 weeks of sick leave.
There are 9 official public holidays.
Vacation days increase the longer employed with a company.
* 1-2 years of employment receive 10 days.
* 2-3 years of employment receive 12 days.
* 3-4 years of employment receive 15 days.
* Above 4 years of employment receive 20 days.
Additional Employee Withholdings
1) Private Contribution Regime (RAP)
2) Social Security (IHSS)
1) Employer contributes 1.5%.
2) Employer contributes 7.2%.
1) Employees contribute 1.5%.
2) Employees contribute 3.5%.
VAT is 15% standard rate.