HR & Labor
Minimum wage in Dominican Republic is broken up by location as the following:
- In the TFZ (free trade zone): 8,310 Pesos monthly
- Outside of the FTZ: 7,843 - 12,873 Pesos monthly (dependent on the size of the company).
- The Public Sector: 5,884 Pesos monthly.
Employer contributes 7.10% of employees salary.
Employee contributes 2.87% of their wages.
There is no legal requirement for sick days. The only leave of absence required is 5 days for marriage, 3 days for the death of a spouse, child, parent or grandparent, 2 days for paternity leave, and 12 weeks for maternity leave.
Employees are entitled to severance payments on the basis of the length of their employment with the company.
* 3-6 months of employment: 6 days of salary
* 6-12 months of employment: 13 days of salary
* 1-5 years of employment: 21 days of salary per year
* 5+ years of employment: 23 days of salary per year
Notice period is dependent on how long the employee has been with the company.
* 3-6 months: Employee must provide 7 days notice
* 6-12 months: Employee must provide 14 days notice
*Over 12 months: employee must provide 28 days notice
Termination period is dependent on how long the employee has been with the company.
* 3-6 months: Employer must provide 7 days notice
* 6-12 months: Employer must provide 14 days notice
* Over 12 months: Employer must provide 28 days notice
There are 11 public holidays
Employees are entitled to receive a minimum of 14 vacation days yearly
VAT is 16% standard rate.
Withholding are made in accordance to individuals tax scheme. Exemptions are made for salaries below 34,106.75 DOP.