|Tuesday||Jan-01||New Year's Day|
|Monday||Jan-07||Epiphany (observed)||Probable on Monday after Epiphany|
|Monday||Jan-21||Lady of Altagracia|
|Friday||Jan-25||Juan Pablo Duarte Day||Birthday of one of the founding fathers of the Dominican Republic|
|Wednesday||Feb-27||Independence Day||Autonomy from Haiti in 1844|
|Friday||Apr-19||Good Friday||Friday before Easter Sunday|
|Thursday||Jun-20||Corpus Christi||second Thursday after Whitsun|
|Friday||Aug-16||Restoration Day||Commemorates the start of the war against Spain|
|Tuesday||Sep-24||Our Lady of Mercedes Day|
Some holidays may be moved to the closest Monday to create long weekends.
Understand local customs and benefits using our benchmark country guidesGet Country Benchmark
Please fill out the form to get:
– A free copy of our Europe benchmark & benefits guide –
– Our end of year unique offering –
Employment of Record
As low as $700 per month
Discounts apply for a group of employees
From $15 per cycle
Fixed pricing per employee, no other hidden costs
Application costs start at $500
Work directly with the best immigration firms globally
Starting at $50 Per Month
Minimum wage in Dominican Republic is broken up by location as the following:
- In the TFZ (free trade zone): 8,310 Pesos monthly ($168.480)
- Outside of the FTZ: 7,843 - 12,873 Pesos monthly (dependent on the size of the company). ($159.01-261)
- The Public Sector: 5,884 Pesos monthly.
Fulltime employment is considered 44 hours weekly, and 8 hours daily.
* Executive and management positions excluded.
All hours over 44 are paid at 135%, hours over 68 in one week are paid at 200%
* Excluding managers
Employers contribute 7.10% of employees salary. Employee contributes 2.87% of their wages.
Of the total insured person and employer contributions (9.97%), 8.0% is directed to the individual account, 1% pays for disability and survivor insurance, 0.5% pays for pension fund management companies' administrative fees, and 0.07% contributes to the Superintendent of Pensions' operating costs.
An additional salary if 1/12 the annual wage paid on December 20th.
Termination period is dependent on how long the employee has been with the company.
* 3-6 months: Employer must provide 7 days notice
* 6-12 months: Employer must provide 14 days notice
* Over 12 months: Employer must provide 28 days notice
Notice period is dependent on how long the employee has been with the company.
* 3-6 months: Employee must provide 7 days notice
* 6-12 months: Employee must provide 14 days notice
*Over 12 months: employee must provide 28 days notice
Employees are entitled to severance payments on the basis of the length of their employment with the company.
* 3-6 months of employment: 6 days of salary
* 6-12 months of employment: 13 days of salary
* 1-5 years of employment: 21 days of salary per year
* 5+ years of employment: 23 days of salary per year
Employees are entitled to receive a minimum of 14 vacation days yearly
There is no legal requirement for sick days.
New mothers are entitled to leave of 6 weeks before birth, 6 weeks after birth.
New fathers are entitled to paternity leave of 2 days.
No legal requirement.
Leaves of absence:
* Marriage: 5 days
* Death of a spouse, child, parent or grandparent: 3 days
Salaries are paid on at minimum monthly.
18% standard rate.
Set your demo now, and ensure your next payroll cycle runs for itself. Pain free. Guaranteed.Schedule a Demo Today